Capstone Project on Media Literacy
This part of the Capstone Project will require you to reflect on your capstone project case and what you learned so far about media literacy. Your final paper should be in APA style, will have 800 words and answer the following:
- How did the process of researching influence your understanding as it relates to media literacy?
- Explain how you became more media literate after researching your topic.
- Expound on how your view shifted as it relates to media literacy after completing this project.
- Describe how the project changed your perspective on how media outlets persuade you in viewing and reacting to their content.
- What local and international organizations work on the issue of media literacy? Which of those work on themes related to your capstone project case? How can people get involved with them? Provide contact information and relevant projects or initiatives. Propose an idea for a specific initiative that would increase media literacy among a specific audience around the case you analyzed for your capstone project. (This section of your final paper will be used to assess the Global Engagement Outcome for Global Learning)
Make sure you DO NOT include the questions within your essay. You should be able to use your textbook as a reference to incorporate some of the new terms you learned in the course.