Coronavirus: The Economic Consequences of the Pandemic and Differences Across the World and Policy Responses
Pick two international proposals implemented to fight the pandemic (either by IMF, World Bank, UN or UNCTAD) and describe how those two proposals are designed, what is the intended target, objectives, and focus on impact.
Pick two international proposals implemented to fight the pandemic (either by IMF, World Bank, UN or UNCTAD) and describe how those two proposals are designed, what is the intended target, objectives, and focus on impact. Be critical about them.
- The pandemic has created an unprecedented hunger and food insecurity problem. Describe and elaborate on global food emergency plans at the local, regional, or international level. Use data.
- Can you compare the policy responses of the U.S versus Germany?
- Can you compare the strategies of Madrid versus New York two highly populated cities with very different responses to the pandemic.
- Analyze the impact of the pandemic in the labor market in US since March 2020. Focus on the unemployment rate evolution and insurance claims. Disaggregate it by education levels, and also by race. Explain thoroughly. You can find information and data in Congressional Budget Office, FRED data of the Fed, Bureau of Economic Analysis and Burau of Labor Statistics.
- Can you asses the consequences of the pandemic in the hospitality industry in New York and in the US at large?
- What is behind of the success of some Eastern African Countries in controlling the pandemic and in exhibiting dynamic growth rates compared to most of the countries in the world?
- Assess the state of negotiations in the US for the next stimulus bill to help out workers and small business. There has been plenty of discussion this week about the topic and why workers and business need a new stimulus bill.